Speaking of no weak s...

Rakesh Bhandari bhandari at Princeton.EDU
Tue Apr 11 23:38:36 PDT 2000

>Pat's a horror, so I'd like to leave him out of this

How convenient. Pat wants to shut down the IMF, he's against a bigger quota for Cambodia, he doesn't want PNTR. Pat talks a lot about American wages being competed down by all those countries in which Millikan does not operate.

- but do you
>really buy export orientation as a development strategy? I'd have
>thought an anti-imperialist would be rather down on export
>orientation.

Doug, the GDP of the Netherlands was bigger than Indonesia's. Without multilateral trading opportunities you're depriving poor nations of the market they need to industrialize in any way.

Yours, Rakesh