Washington Post on A16

Joe R. Golowka joegolowka at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 19 13:26:07 PDT 2000

I think the relatively good coverage from bourgeois media is primarily caused by the fact that police beat up and arrested many reporters along with protestors. They were treated the same way protestors were - badly. If the cops are going to start beating up the media the media probably won't portray them in a good light. I should also point out that a lot of the good coverage is related to police brutality, rather then the IMF itself. Most of the papers I've read haven't said a lot against the IMF & World Bank, but they've said plenty against the cops.