Fwd: support for dc prisoners

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Wed Apr 19 13:19:00 PDT 2000

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: support for dc prisoners Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 12:51:54 -0700 (PDT) From: Linda Holzbaur <ljholzbaur at yahoo.com>

Midnight Special lawyers are asking the supporters of the protestors to make the following calls in solidarity with those arrested and still unreleased:

1. the corporate council 202/727-6428

2. the capitol - you can ask for your local rep 202/224-3121

3. the US attorneys/marshalls sorry but I did not get this # and haven't been able to find it. If someone else has it, could you post it?

Midnight special is asking that you tell these people 1. that the protestors should be given their demands 2. keep all protestors together (there have been reports that people who are seen as leaders are being put in 'lockdown' - that's solitary confinement to us) 3. that you abhor the stories of the US Marshall's behavior towards the prisoners. (and I think from other messages on this list you know what those stories are.)

I also called Ramsey's office and was sent to the police public info # 202/727-4383. I was told that anyone not giving a 'valid name' has been sent to the city jail. The guy claimed that the police dept. has no jurisdiction over people once they are arrested; that is a dept. of corrections matter

The prisoners need our support in remaining strong. Not only are they acting out of strong moral principal, they are also protecting their comrades who are not US citizens or who have prior convictions or pending court dates.

many thanks Linda