Report on A16/A17

TRox51 at aol.com TRox51 at aol.com
Tue Apr 18 10:01:12 PDT 2000

To all of you brave souls who were willing to put your bodies on the line to bring attention to the deprivations of the IMF and the World Bank, I say thank you. It was an inspiration for me as a long-time activist and father to see people just five years older than my 12 year old daughter confronting police and the state's apparatus. Despite differences we may all have about tactics, the AFL's policy on China, etc etc - the courage of those who stood up to the biggest show of force I've seen on the streets of DC since May Day 1971 will not be forgotten and will undoubtably inspire more actions like this in the future. Tim Shorrock Silver Spring Maryland