Washington Post on A16

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 19 12:48:25 PDT 2000

Hello all,

The A16ers seem to be winning the propaganda battle. There is an editorial on page one of today's Metro section in the Washington Post, written by Courtland Milloy, painting the protesters in unreservedly flattering terms and lambasting the DC police.

The piece is entitled "The Courage of Protesters' Convictions." In it, among other things, she accuses the MPD of engaging in quasi-police state tactics, e.g.,: "Better that the finance meeting had been held offshore, like other nefarious cartels do, than to reinforce the image of our nation's capital as some two-bit capitalist dictatorship." "So much for our great symbol of democracy."

To be frank, I was expecting the Post to visit the rhetorical wrath of God upon the protesters. Instead, coverage has been universally sympathetic or even supportive. What is going on? Has the world gone mad? ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com