Washington Post on A16

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Apr 19 18:14:02 PDT 2000

Chris Doss wrote:

> To be frank, I was expecting the Post to visit the rhetorical wrath of God
> upon the protesters. Instead, coverage has been universally sympathetic or
> even supportive. What is going on? Has the world gone mad?

This is no different from the exposes of the corruption of the Daley Administration which the Chicago Tribune has been publishing for as far back as I can remember But there is no doubt whatsoever that the Tribune supports the Daley mob.

Read Kenneth Burke on how descriptions of the horrors of war contribute to the military spirit.

Carrol