DC cop techniques

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Fri Apr 21 12:45:27 PDT 2000

"Max B. Sawicky" wrote:

> . . . Then, on Sunday, a man wearing a black bandanna was singled out by
> police in a sea of protesters and found with bottles of gasoline in
> his backpack, Ramsey said. How did they discover the one person with
> lethal possessions in the middle of the crowd? Yesterday, they
> indicated that other protesters had fingered him. . . .
>
> I thought it was curious that the person arrested
> was never named in the paper. Unless he was underage,
> there is no privacy right in this respect. Ordinarily
> in such circumstances the fuzz would announce charges
> and display the merchandise, and the press would hound
> the person a bit, but his face was never shown on tv.
> There has been no subsequent news about this arrest.
> If I had to bet, it would be that the incident was
> staged to further justify police misconduct.

It's because the person with the gasoline was an undercover cop. They didn't charge him with anything because he was a cop. They just needed a fake incident to try and reinforce the idea in many people's minds that anarchists are mad bombers.

Well, we proved them wrong on Sunday.

Don't get me started on the dumbass cops in the Black Bloc.

<< Chuck0 >>

This was the year *everything* changed.

-- Commander Ivanova, 2261

Mid-Atlantic Infoshop -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/

Homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe