East Timor as a UN Colony

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Apr 25 08:01:38 PDT 2000

* See, for instance, Stalin, "Marxism and the National Question" at <http://gate.cruzio.com/~marx2mao/Stalin/MNQ12.html>:

Kinda like the correspondence between, "State and Revolution, " and that well known withering away of the Soviet state during Stalinism. Soviet nationalities like the Chechens or the Ukranians, discovered the bloody, yawning gap between Bolshevik theory and practice. Otto Bauer and the other Austro-Marxists are better writers on the National Question, anyway. Stalin cribbed his stuff from them, no?

Michael Pugliese

P.S. Don't know if it on their website, but the New Statesman, had a piece a few weeks ago, on the UN and Kosovo. Big disconnect between the overpaid NGO types and UN bureaucrats, and the "average" Kosovar. Reminds me of a college classmate, who works for the UN. Parents very well off. Calls Israel, "Palestine, " at Jewish weddings. Coulda, gotten all of us sent to jail for a while, by smuggling a couple of sheets of blotter acid, into Mexico and back. (Why didn't she leave it in her room in the mansion in San Diego, we all said! When we came back, hadn't had a shower in a week, and had been caught in a vicious sandstorm getting back to the trainstation in that little Mexican town. I got drunk on tequila with a stranger waiting for the train. Ran into some other Santa Cruz Deadheads on the train. Shoulda dropped the acid on the train!)