Divorce and empty shell? (was:(Re: Ex-GDR (was:Re: RES: a trip to North Korea))

Johannes Schneider Johannes.Schneider at gmx.net
Wed Apr 26 06:07:57 PDT 2000

Jim heartfield wrote:

>Without basic
>civil liberties, such as the right to leave your work, then divorce is a
>hollow shell.

This means divorce is always a hollow shell for working class women? Despite current trends for simplification, I would like to remember that the GDR was not the Soviet Union of 1936: You could leave your working place, with more or less the same consequences it has in the West.

>>After you have been defending the progressive slave-holders, now you are
>>praising Christian values like the family as opposed to Communist creches and
>>kindergartens.
>
>I'm all for communist creches and kindergartens, but these were not
>they. If the police state of the GDR is communism, then yes, I would
>prefer that families were free from such interference.

So you are saying because of the repressive aspects of a political system kindergarten, schools, hospitals and universities should be better closed altogether?

Johannes