Divorce and empty shell? (was:(Re: Ex-GDR (was:Re: RES: a trip to North Korea))

Ken Hanly khanly at mb.sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 28 08:50:21 PDT 2000

Perhaps Johannes can elaborate on this. I recall that many properties in the Ex-GDR were returned to their pre_GDR owners. In many cases these were apartment buildings occupied by pensioners at very low rates. The pensioners were usually forced to vacate by the new owners as rents were raised beyond their means etc.

Cheers, Ken Hanly