USA: More Repressive Than North Korea (was Re: RES: a trip to

Michael Hoover hoov at freenet.tlh.fl.us
Wed Apr 26 17:05:29 PDT 2000

> I hate the US carceral state, but could you make similar statements
> about Cuba or NK in public in those countries without risk of being
> jailed? "Incomparably" freer? I'd say bourgeois democracy is a bit
> more complex & contradictory than you allow.
> Doug

Supposes it's a bit antiquarian of me to suggest in swamp that is lbo that battery of individual liberties/rights of which liberal societies are so proud amount to 'repressive tolerance.' By giving impression of choice and freedom without offering prospect of fulfillment, 'bourgeois democracy' creates seductive and compelling form of oppression.

So have at it to your heart's content lboers, jump on the virtual soapbox and express yourself, 'voice' your opinion and become a piece of cyberspace junk mail...

party on Herbert, oops, I mean Garth... Michael Hoover