Zizek: film reviewer

kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca
Thu Apr 27 11:24:35 PDT 2000

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000 12:09:37 -0400 kelley <kwalker2 at gte.net> wrote:

> finally, KEN! where do you get this stuff from.?? if my ex husband liked
the joke.....it CANNOT be worth while.

Yes but my psychotic intevention, which saves the joke, had been deleted.

"I'm going to twist it all the way back!"

It isn't the "then don't do that" which is amusing, it's the pathological response, "I'm gonna do it until my arm falls off!" which illustrates the idiocy of the doctor / patient relation in its inverted form. The way in which the "expert" response is crucial to the so-called therapeutic relation. It's the Bart Simpson syndrome.

Tst... ow! ... tst ... ow! ... tst ... ow! tst ... ow! ...

ken, a lollypop for lunacy