North Korea Again

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Apr 28 10:12:13 PDT 2000

In my first post on North Korea, I wrote as follows:

"All the concrete information I have seen indicates that before the disastrous (nature-induced) famines of recent years North Korea was doing much better than most third-world nations."

Would this not be a reasonable summary of the some 200 posts on that thread? What third-world nation has done better?

What third-world nation especially favored by the U.S. has done better on human rights? Haiti? Dominican Republic? Guatemala? Brazil? Pre-Sandinista Nicaragua? El Salvador? Columbia? Equador? Indonesia? South Korea? Kuwait? Saudi Arabia? Harlem? South Chicago? Bronx? Peru? Bolivia? Bosnia? Unita-controlled areas of Angola? Honduras?

Carrol