Zero Tolerance

Brett Knowlton brettk at unica-usa.com
Fri Apr 28 14:24:00 PDT 2000

Not the way I see it. In the two cases you mentioned, why not just punish the offender for reckless driving (DUI) or for assault? If someone commits a murder when they are angry we don't outlaw anger, even though the murderer's emotional state contributed to the crime. Why should drug use _by itself_ be criminalized? It is possible to get high and not harm anyone. My guess is that most drug use is harmless.

Brett