The Evil of Two Lessers?

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 7 08:39:36 PDT 2000

>From: Rob Schaap <rws at comedu.canberra.edu.au>
>
>So you're implying the pompously hypocritical conservative moralism (as
>opposed to the modest liberal ethic I articulate above) I dread is no less
>likely under a Gore/Lieberman Whitehouse? Is it really that bad?

It is really that bad, IMO. With the GOP, you've got a ticket headed by a guy desperate to prove he's no longer a drunken, coked-up fratboy, backed by a running mate chosen for his supposed gravitas. With the Democrats, you've got a ticket headed by a guy desperate to prove he's absorbed no bad habits from that Hot Springs high roller he's been hanging with, backed by a running mate chosen for his supposed gravitas. One way or another, this country will be marinating in morality for years to come.