Strange Ways [LONG RANT shortened

Dace edace at flinthills.com
Tue Aug 8 10:49:25 PDT 2000

> Hum, on that note, I'm looking for literature on the
privatization of
> US prisons, current corporations in the game, which states this is being
> done in, and so on.

There's a website devoted to privatization of prisons, sponsored by the American Correctional Association (which publishes a trade magazine called "Corrections Today.") http://www.privatemanagement.com/ Look under "privatization news archives" to find articles such as "To Privatize or Not to Privatize: Jail Officials Debate the Pros and Cons" and "Protecting Your Investment: What Corrections Agencies Can Do to Reduce Private Prison Legal Problems."

Ted