UAW and Gore-Lieberman (RE: Lieberman's Record (RE: The Evil of Two

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Wed Aug 9 15:02:35 PDT 2000

This is interesting because it looks padded. #'s 1,2,7,8, and 10 look to be votes for the status quo (or less) funding of existing programs. I'm not sure what 'budget plan' is, unless it's Clinton's budget. I guess that's only a correct vote if the only alternative is the Repugs. Judicial nominee is trivial in context.

The minimum wage is ambiguous, since it could be combined with noxious legislation or not.

At any rate, I take your point that JL is not too too conservative.

mbs

Off the UAW web site, here was their scorecard for Lieberman . . .