Laying Bets: W Will Win

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Aug 15 07:00:23 PDT 2000

<kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca> wrote:

>And, despite everything... I must admit, Clinton is an excellent speaker. He's
>entertaining as hell to watch and he's got that devilish grin which makes me
>want to wink at someone.
>
>I have no taste.

Clinton can be completely seductive, which means I have no taste either, I guess. I was noticing last night that, like Reagan, he conveys the sense of never taking things entirely seriously. What was with that set-up shot of him walking down the corridor to the podium? It was like something out of Letterman.

Doug