Laying Bets: W Will Win

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 15 09:28:35 PDT 2000

>Carrol Cox wrote:
>
>>I long ago reconciled myself to the cessation of political activity from
>>June through November of every fourth year. But does it have to make
>>internet conversation dull too?
>
>Nothing political about choosing the chief executive of the world
>bourgeoisie, is there? Whew, glad that's cleared up.
>
>Doug

Nope, nothing political that I can see. It's all show biz, as you yourself suggested, Doug, just a few posts ago: "What was with that set-up shot of him [Clinton] walking down the corridor to the podium? It was like something out of Letterman." And yes, I find all the contrivances of the Dems v. GOP show as deadly dull as those of the Letterman show.

Carl