Finkelstein's background

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed Aug 16 12:48:09 PDT 2000

Does anyone know much about Norman Finkelstein's background? I mean besides the overdetermining fact that both his parents went through the Warsaw Ghetto and then each to a different a concentration camp. For starters, I was wondering for various reasons whether his parents met in the ghetto, before the camps, and were part of the resistence. Secondly, I wondered whether they were leftists when Norman was growing up in Brooklyn. And lastly, I was wondering whether Norman ever belonged to any small leftist parties himself.

Any suggestions appreciated. If he has a memoir article somewhere, that would be great.