[Fwd: NYTimes attacks ASA meeting (fwd)]

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Aug 22 14:32:26 PDT 2000

This NY Times piece from last Saturday, which Steve Rosenthal, as is his wont, provided overheated commentary on, (Alan Spector is even worse) has been the ocasion of a bit of a thread between the irony deficient and the more social democratically inclined sociologists on PSN. http://csf.colorado.edu/forums/psn/2000/ Apparently, the lists at csf have a policy not to overstep copyright, so I haven't been able to judge from the Walter Goodman text itself. (Can someone with a scanner post it?) Though I have my hunches.

BTW, the next days NYT had Ellen Willis reviewing the new movie on Abbie Hoffman.

Michael Pugliese