Verizon: union win

Andrew English aenglish at igc.org
Tue Aug 22 14:28:51 PDT 2000

In most of the labor struggles I've been involved in, the rank and file workers expressed pride in their work as part of their demand for respect and dignity. Certainly that was true of the UPS strikers or the many strikes by heath caregivers. I've never heard of a strike waged under the banner of "work sucks". On the other hand, there have been many battles against overwork, for decent hours, time-off, time to be with families.

-Andy English

-----Original Message----- From: kelley <kwalker2 at gte.net> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com>; lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 3:13 PM Subject: RE: Verizon: union win