Laying Bets: W Will Win

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed Aug 23 13:36:45 PDT 2000

Nathan Newman said on Tue Aug 22 2000:

> Usually, I am a believer in revolutionary optimism

Personally I attributed your mood swing to paying too much attention to both conventions :o) Me, I'm an electoral market fundamentalist -- great economy, popular predecessor, Gore should win. It doesn't always happen, but it's always the way to bet. Froth in the early running notwithstanding.

Also, I remain convinced that if Gore were actually behind in mid-September, he'd get really dirty. And he's one of the best at it. Not the dirtiest, just the most effective. It would be a replay of the Bradley campaign.

But Seth has spoken up, so I have to find some other way to convince myself to pay attention.

Michael