Green green

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at oregon.uoregon.edu
Tue Aug 29 15:22:10 PDT 2000

On Sun, 27 Aug 2000, Doug Henwood wrote:

> I think we have to take seriously that were the Greens to get federal
> money, the result could be some mix of hilarious and tragic. Look at

Mostly tragic. Local issues, neighborhood politics, and the new (service-sector unions) and old (health insurance, ecology) politics of the service sector are the Greens' bread and butter. It's those local infrastructures which matter -- that much Northamericans can learn from the Euroleft. We Greens are starting to unlearn old sectarianisms, but distribution squabbles could tear apart much of the positive post-Seattle energy out there.

-- Dennis