Radio Doug Archives

Peter van Heusden pvh at egenetics.com
Wed Aug 30 03:48:40 PDT 2000

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Reese wrote:

> There are also software alternatives, AudioJacker & Total Recorder, to name
> two programs specifically. These are the best solutions, because there is
> no digital-to-analog conversion required to make the file, thus less noise
> and other nasty analog stuff in the recording.

Thanks, I've looked into this, and it certainly seems possible (though with some loss of quality due to the fact that RA uses a lossy compression algorithm). None of the tools discussed are directly available for FreeBSD (my desktop OS), but certainly this is possible on Linux or Win95+.

I'll look a little further in my spare time.

Peter -- Peter van Heusden <pvh at egenetics.com> NOTE: I do not speak for my employer, Electric Genetics "Criticism has torn up the imaginary flowers from the chain not so that man shall wear the unadorned, bleak chain but so that he will shake off the chain and pluck the living flower." - Karl Marx, 1844