Radio Doug Archives

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed Aug 30 11:37:11 PDT 2000

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Doug Henwood wrote:

> > The good shows are really good, and I wish more people could hear
> > it.
>
> So do I. But I ain't got the server space.

Peter van Heusden seemed to be saying he had a friend with the server space. And he also seemed to be willing and able to make the programming automatic if the tools were available. And if Michael Perelman is right, all Peter is missing is the paid-for Real Audio program, which I would gladly pony up for. So then all we your loyal fans would need you to do would be to give us the go ahead and make a link on your website. And maybe a mention in LBO-print in the black box next to the address :o)

> I'm not even sure I have the IP rights to the show.

Yeah, but (a) you're not making any money off this, and (b) you'd just be making it easier for people to hear WBAI and get interested -- essentially giving them free advertising and services. I don't see how they could object. And even if they did, they'd just tell you to stop, no?

Anyway, I'm ready to pony up the 30 bucks if Peter is ready to set up the cron and ask his buddy for web space. Do we have your okay?

Michael