Radio Doug Archives

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Wed Aug 30 12:08:05 PDT 2000

At 02:37 PM 8/30/00 -0400, Michael Pollak wrote:

>On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
> > > The good shows are really good, and I wish more people could hear
> > > it.
> >
> > So do I. But I ain't got the server space.
>
>Peter van Heusden seemed to be saying he had a friend with the server
>space.

he said he'd do the copying but needed someone with a better www connection than he had to slap it up. i might be able to finagle the space if that's the case. but no promises. i was asked to pump out some graphics on short notice, for a bonus, i'll see what if i can parlay that into space on our server which is RA ready. i will password protect it however. we can dist the password on the list, doug's site and give out an email address where we can send it on to those who request. i think doing that will prevent any issues WBAI may have that this is anything other than a service for doug's loyal fans.

lord knows they suck at making sure doug's fans can even tune him in to begin with.

>Anyway, I'm ready to pony up the 30 bucks if Peter is ready to set up the
>cron and ask his buddy for web space. Do we have your okay?

i don't think this is necessary. however, feel free to pop it in the mail for me :) if you're still feeling like you're need to pony up cash for something.

in any event, this discussion about recording real audio broadcasts was held at a hacker list and i'm fairly certain that the paid for version, while it has the ability to record, this is because it allows you to record mp3 files. that's what it's supposed to do. i have music match downloaded freeware. it records too. the issue is, as reese noted, the broadcasters of streaming audio make it so that you can't record a program. i'm not absolutely certain of this, because i've not checked it out personally myself.

in any event, as michael said, there are workarounds.

kelley