Your Opinion In lbo-talk-archive

Leo Casey leoecasey at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 5 12:15:47 PST 2000

Worth a chuckle. I guess this is why my signature gets Justin's and Doug's goat.

> Subj: Your Opinion In lbo-talk-archive
> Date: 11/28/2000 3:45:20 PM Eastern Standard Time
> From: Editor at IM-UR.com (Editor)
>
> Dear Frederick Douglass ,
>
> Your opinions in the forum of the lbo-talk-archive
> online site caught my
> attention.
> As associate editor of im-ur, I have been scouring
> the forums of online
> newspapers for intelligent and active contributors
> like you.
> I would like to invite you to express your
> comments and opinions at im-ur,
> a site that is quickly on its way to becoming "The
> Daily Newspaper of the
> Web."
>
> im-ur has revolutionized the concept of the media
> on the web by creating
> a newspaper that is written by its users. The New
> York Times wrote,
> "Few challenge the status quo as much as
> im-ur.com."
> im-ur represents the ultimate in freedom of speech
> and democracy.
> What you write appears immediately in the pages of
> im-ur, as soon as you
> post it.
> The readers decide the hierarchy of articles
> contributed...

Leo Casey United Federation of Teachers 260 Park Avenue South New York, New York 10010-7272 (212-598-6869)

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never has, and it never will. If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation are men who want crops without plowing the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its waters. -- Frederick Douglass --