Aids

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Dec 5 14:04:16 PST 2000

"Christopher B. Hajib-Niles" wrote:

> >> So I am not unsubbing out of disgust to Mr Niles' dismissal of Mr Casey as a
> > white boy, though that is truly disgusting,

I don't know who this is, but good riddance. It is really remarkable that someone who pretended an interest in progressive politics should find "truly disgusting" (or even mildly irritating) such a mild epithet as "white boy." This writer was just too delicate for words.

I'm not claiming that "white boy" is a particularly strong argument. I'm merely claiming that someone who (given the relative power of "whites" and "blacks" in the U.S.) who would be offended by it is just too silly for words

I'm glad that I must have had whoever wrote this on my automatic delete file.

Carrol