Your Opinion In lbo-talk-archive

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Tue Dec 5 15:36:18 PST 2000

At 05:47 PM 12/5/00 -0500, Marco Anglesio wrote:
>On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, kelley wrote:
> > that letter was pretty pathetic. reflects poorly on that publication, i'm
> > afraid. how can it be respectibale if an editor couldn't figure out who
> > the heck you were after typing your email address into the To: line? who
>
>The answer, I believe, is that they were probably harvested in bulk from
>the archive website. I have a robots.txt file (which webcrawlers are
>supposed to read) but not everyone pays attention to that. Especially
>those that are harvesting names and email addresses for spam :)

i know about this. but, given that leo's from name isn't frederick douglas, and given that the dips that coded the bot seem unaware (duh) of the use of sigs and didn't account for that in some way, then they are just as stupid!

in any event, if you hadn't gathered, it was my way of poking a hole in leo's inflated goat skin.

kelley