2nd reply from Amazon.com (: Your Feedback to Amazon.com

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Wed Dec 6 08:43:27 PST 2000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Justin Schwartz" <jkschw at hotmail.com>

>Well, it's certainly encouraging to know that Amazon.com says it will abide
>by the law if the union is certified. Will it by by thw law until then, in
>the certification process? --jks

Unfortunately, holding captive audience meetings and harassing individual workers is completely legal, so Amazon.com can engage in a whole range of intimidating union-busting without even crossing the line. And of course, even if they do cross the line and fire someone, they don't have to worry about the penalty for quite a long time and the punishment will be no more than back pay.

So promising to obey the law is a pretty hollow promise.

-- Nathan

____________________________________________________________________________ _________ Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com