Max Weber's Genteel Racism (was Re: weber)

Wed Dec 6 19:47:25 PST 2000

>>> furuhashi.1 at osu.edu 12/06/00 10:19PM >>>

It fascinates me that contingency leaves both you & Charles, Lou & Ricardo, etc., unhappy & unsatisfied, for all the differences in opinions on many other subjects.

CB: It only leave me unsatisfied when you state it alone rather than as a dialectic of chance and necessity. There is not just contingency. There is contingency and necessity in history. Otherwise , all Marx's references to "laws" would be epistemologically incorrect as contradicting contingency.