Disarming the Struggle AgaiAIDS: Anti-Science Obscurantism, Conpsiracy Theories

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 7 07:49:10 PST 2000

A final note on this. I accept the standard theory on faith, because it is,a s you say, the overwhelming consensus of the scientific community. That is the normal basis most educated people have for accepting scientific matters in which they arew not qualified. I am not qualified to appraise epediomological studies and so would nor benefit much from them if I did read them, nor would my opinion of their merit be worth anything. As to the legal admissibility of dissident studies, I am not sure what you mean "power works that way." Are you suggesting that the courts operate on purely political criteria of scientific worth? This is not true. If you are interested, I will try to explain Daubert and Fed. R. Evid. 702. --jks

_____________________________________________________________________________________ Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com