Disarming the Struggle AgaiAIDS: Anti-Science Obscurantism, Conpsiracy Theories

Christopher B. Hajib-Niles cniles at wanadoo.fr
Thu Dec 7 12:42:57 PST 2000

> A final note on this. I accept the standard theory on faith, because it is,a
> s you say, the overwhelming consensus of the scientific community.

fair enough. i don't.

That is
> the normal basis most educated people have for accepting scientific matters
> in which they arew not qualified.

yes, but so-called educated people should be able to recognize a theory in crisis. justin, i think you are smart enough to do that, your protestations about not being a scientist notwithstanding. but, as you say, you have faith in the consensus so...

As to the
> legal admissibility of dissident studies, I am not sure what you mean "power
> works that way."

simply that power often censures.

re you suggesting that the courts operate on purely
> political criteria of scientific worth?

no, but frequently, yes.

chris niles