holy shit

Nancy Bauer/Dennis Perrin bauerperrin at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 8 14:06:20 PST 2000

>Woo hoo! It's December 8th and we still don't know who our next master
>will be.
>
>I'm betting that folks around the world are on the floor in giggles at
>this point.
>
>Chuck0

Giggles? My sense is that they are coughing up blood from all the deep laughter. I sometimes go on more conservative lists to make this point, and I'm slightly amazed that no one disputes it. I take it further -- "banana republic" and all that -- and still no response. Just to see if they are paying attention, I throw in bits about how McCain should have been shot down, or why patriotism is fascistic, and the shit begins to fly. Don't know if that means anything, but I find it interesting.

By the way, today is the 20th anniversary of John Lennon's death. (I noticed how Alterman began his newest column with a Lennon lyric. A Gore supporter from beyond the grave?) Let us honor this musical genius, derelict father, and hypocrite by remembering the punk band spawned by his death, Lennonburger, and this joke that circulated within hours after Mark David Chapman ensured his place in music history:

What will it take for a Beatles reunion?

Three bullets.

You're beautiful. Good night!

DP