Query

Barry Rene DeCicco bdecicco at umich.edu
Sun Dec 10 08:15:22 PST 2000

> Subject: Re: Query

>> What does it mean to be a citizen of a criminal nation like the United
>> States in the year 2000? A state whose power and policies cast a pall
>> over the existence of 6 billion people?

> I believe, Citoyen Cox, the meaning and course are clear.

> The Supreme Court of the United States, in the written opinion of
> Justices Scalia, Kennedy, O'Connor, Thomas, and Chief Justice Renquist
> have in today's order, denied the will of the People as expressed in a
> national majority popular vote, and have therefore exercised an
> arbitrary abuse of their juridical power.

I loved Scalia's comment to the effect that he supported stopping the counting of the votes because it would damage the legitimacy of Bush's presidency. As far as I'm concerned, that's a confession.

In Salon (I think) some guy Saturday predicted that this would be the angle of the SC if they wanted to support Bush without looking like they were.

As I understand it, the SC has halted Gore, but has the propaganda line that they aren't supporting either side, just accepting an appeal.

At this point, Gore is really short on time, and the clock is running out.

Barry