US Supreme Court's power grab (was Re: Query)

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 11 14:45:46 PST 2000

>I am not sure that the mealy mouthed democrats in government quite
>understand what has happened. The interests and people they represent
>have been nullified and they are considered illegitimate by the
>self-anointed Right if they do not go along with their own
>execution. Pure Kafka.
>
>Chuck Grimes

For my part, I'm surprised by the relative lack of reaction here on the list to the US Supreme Court's naked power grab. We can produce miles of scorched bandwidth over the proper interpretation of Max Weber -- a legitmate topic to be sure but hardly topical -- but seem to have little reaction at all to the black-robed coup d'etat now in progress. Of course, I implicate myself in this criticism. Twice this past weekend I sat down at the PC to draft proper fulminations on this subject for the list only to be seized by a sense of futility.

Justin, Nathan, do you want to want to offer any hymns to the glory of the law today?

Carl _____________________________________________________________________________________ Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com