US Supreme Court's power grab (was Re: Query)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Dec 11 16:36:53 PST 2000

Chris Kromm wrote:

> A liberal friend of mine, and my favorite person to spar with over the
> Gore/Nader debate, has said that the recent decision shows that
> Gore/Democrats/liberals were right -- the Supreme Court DOES matter, and the
> difference between liberal/conservative justices is important. Thoughts?
> Rejoinders?

Yawn. Though as a friend on another maillist comments, she hasn't seen anything like this since Godzilla. Let us not forget also that all the politicians involved are mass butchers (or would-be mass butchers). And notice that the justices who did not take Bush's side took Gore's side. Horrors.

Carrol