kyoto

John Thornton jthorn16 at home.com
Mon Dec 11 04:49:38 PST 2000

> Michael DiPaola writes
>
> Maybe he means the Assessment Reports written by the
> Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) -- which was formed by
the
> World Meteorological Organization. (Gee, you think they got any climate
> scientists

Although a fine point of contention the IPCC is a joint effort between the WMO and the UNEP (United Nations Environmental Programme). The UNFCCC (United Nations Framework Convention of Climate Change) has provided the overall policy framework for climate change issues since '94 which is what gives many people the impression this is the U.N.'s show. The U.N.'s part in the IPCC gets more press than the WMO's, which sees to feed the paranoia of the black helicopter crowd. I hope he's wrong about 'The Demon Gases' being at all influential but I'm not holding my breath.

John Thornton