Gore Gives up

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Dec 13 14:09:13 PST 2000

jf noonan wrote:.

> OK, I've read some of his stuff, including the 2-A piece in
> _Harpers_, which I largely agreed with. But what is his plan
> for getting this new constitution? Even in significantly more
> progressive times we couldn't get an ERA passed...

It's funny. People who refuse to consider revolution unless someone with a crystal ball can write a scenario for them have the unmitigated gall to talk about calling a constitutional convention. A more realistic hope is that maybe X-Files is a documentary and the aliens will come to our rescue.

Carrol