Gore Gives up

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Wed Dec 13 19:36:53 PST 2000

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Carrol Cox wrote:

> jf noonan wrote:.
>

> > OK, I've read some of his stuff, including the 2-A piece in
> > _Harpers_, which I largely agreed with. But what is his plan
> > for getting this new constitution? Even in significantly more
> > progressive times we couldn't get an ERA passed...
>
> It's funny. People who refuse to consider revolution unless
> someone with a crystal ball can write a scenario for them
> have the unmitigated gall to talk about calling a constitutional
> convention. A more realistic hope is that maybe X-Files is
> a documentary and the aliens will come to our rescue.

[yes, I'm over limit -- sue me, and take your case to the Supreme Ct.]

I'm not sure who you are addressing this to or thinking of. I have never seen the X-Files and have no interest in crystal balls (single crystals of biologically interesting compounds, on the other hand, help pay my rent).

I don't recall asking for blueprints for a revolution and I am quite sure I've expressed no interest convening in a constitutional convention.

Please expand.

Joseph Noonan Houston, TX jfn1 at msc.com

haiku for struggle

democracy rocks noisy protests in the streets frowns high in rich suites

-Chip Berlet