Gore Gives up

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Wed Dec 13 14:08:27 PST 2000

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Nathan Newman Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2000 4:34 PM NN: Actually, the final decision in case of a disputed election is clearly given to the House of Representatives. While messy and skewed as far as equal representation given the rules, it has the clear advantage of having the decision on President made by people who were themselves elected to office. That provision is essentially the conversion of our Presidential elections into a parlimentary vote - a far more legitimate result than the Supreme Court making the final decision.

I thot the House vote is done by state delegations, with each state counting as a single vote. Obviously this emulates the electoral college/Senate bias against high population states. Not much of a parliamentary vote.

mbs