Labor: Menial vs. Noble

John Thornton jthorn16 at home.com
Sat Dec 16 07:45:26 PST 2000

The more time I lurk on this list the more emboldened I become to stick my foot in my mouth. Am I correct in assuming you think most people speak the way the majority of the posters to this list write? At least twice a week this list sends me to my dictionary to check the meaning of something. People don't speak this way on the shop floor as it were. Every specialty has a jargon. People with higher levels of education generally have more extensive vocabularies. Am I reading you correctly in thinking you believe this to be false? John Thornton