Ralph Nader Lashes Back

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Wed Dec 20 11:16:32 PST 2000

>Q: Not only were you [Nader] kept out of the debates, you were more or less
kept out
>of The New York Times. Has the paper of record thwarted your effort to
build
>a third party?

What's funny about the tone of self-pity Leo, Nathan and other Nader bashers sometimes strike is that in reality they're on same side as immensely powerful, resource-rich institutions like the New York Times and the Democratic Party itself.

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/12/20/national/20LABO.html New Regulations for Federal Contractors Will Put an Emphasis on 'Business Ethics' By STEVEN GREENHOUSE Dec. 20, 2000 The Clinton administration today will issue new regulations that aim to bar federal agencies from awarding contracts to a company with a record of breaking labor, environmental or other laws, in what business groups called a parting gift to organized labor. ------------------- etc. I wasn't aware organized labor is so interested in environmental law. Even in its "objective" reporting, the New York Times skews its coverage. It's arguable that the new regulations are partly a response to the votes Al Gore lost to Nader as well as a reward for the efforts of orgazined labor.

Peter