The Democratic Party & the Illusion of Splits in the Ruling Class, was Re: Cockburn: The Coup

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Wed Dec 20 16:21:44 PST 2000

Hi,

Myth-busting time.

There is more money from centrist, liberal and left foundations given out each year than from conservative and neo-conservative foundations. The "left" foundations, however, refuse generally to fund research, books, conferences, academic posts, and strategic planning, which the right funds in a coordinated manner, since they seem to have read Gramsci.

While right-wing foundations help the Christian Right institutions surivive hard times, the vast majority of the funding for politically-active Christian right organizations is raised internally through direct mail and electronic media appeals.

-Chip Berlet