Yoshie Furuhashi (Quote Kvetching)

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 22 19:26:20 PST 2000

>"Granfalloon" stumps dictionary.com; I'm always eager to learn a new word.
>
>Doug

Not a Vonnegut fan, I see. NB: "Kurt Vonnegut coined the term 'granfalloon' in his novel Cat's Cradle. He described a granfalloon as a 'false karass'; or 'a seeming team that is meaningless in terms of the ways God gets things done'; and 'a proud and meaningless association of human beings.'" -- "If you wish to study a granfalloon / Just remove the skin of a toy balloon" - K. Vonnegut (see http://www.h2g2.com/A179589)