NOW!!! Get down to WBAI pronto!

Steve Grube grube at ix.netcom.com
Sun Dec 24 19:15:45 PST 2000

>From the article:

Kenneth A. Ford, vice chairman of the

foundation's board, insisted in an interview

that no one on the board had ever suggested

giving "a milquetoast appearance" to Pacifica's

programming. But he also said, quoting an

industry guru he would not name, that Pacifica

"had a mission at one time and had a credible

voice but now it has gone from being

insignificant to irrelevant."

I listen to KPFA every day on my commute and it

is about the only intelligent thing on the band.

[commute is from Santa Cruz into Silicon Valley]

My impression is listeners support the station[s]

and are keeping it afloat. If that's the case,

than give us what we want. The Pacifica board is

simply trying everything to squelch progressive

voices. -Steve Grube