gag me

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Dec 25 19:25:34 PST 2000

kelley wrote:

>i have a couple of news tracker 'spies' set up to track news on
>"information security". for some damn reason, the latest batch i
>rec'd sent me to the below.
>
>gag me with a spoon, as they used to say.
>
>http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/fandd/2000/12/narayan.htmFrom
>Finance and Development
>A quarterly magazine of the IMF
>December 2000, Volume 37, Number 4
>

>Poverty Is Powerlessness and Voicelessness
> Deepa Narayan

Check out the voices of the poor sections of the World Bank website <http://www.worldbank.org/poverty/voices/index.htm>. They show the traces of the bourgeois liberal humanism of Stiglitz and Kanbur, but only as sensitivity, not as policy.

By the way, Finance & Development used to be a joint pub of the IMF & World Bank. A couple of years ago, the WB dropped off as sponsor. No one ever could explain why, not that I've researched the matter that vigorously.

Doug