Inaugural Day Song

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sat Dec 30 08:50:23 PST 2000

Message: 9

Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 18:20:02 -0800

From: "ithink" <ithink at san.rr.com> Subject: Inaugural Day Song

>From a group planning anti-inaugural day events.

******

Bush Inaugural Address Song: (sung to the tune of "What a Wonderful World" by Sam Cooke)

Don't know much about history Don't know much foreign policy Don't remember how I got through school Might'a broke a coupl'a the rules But what's it matter 'cause my mommy says "Boy, if you want to you can be the prez And what a wonderful world this will be"

Don't know much about the women's vote Don't know much about the bill I wrote Don't know much about the foreign vets I've never voted for 'em yet But I do know if your dad tries hard He can get you in the National Guard And what a wonderful place that can be

Now I never claimed to be an A student But what's wrong with C's? And maybe by knowing the names of my cabinet I can win their love for me

Don't know much about air pollution Don't know much about the constitution Don't know much about th'economy It never much affected me But there's one thing that I know for sure If the rich stay rich and the poor stay poor What a wonderful world this will be

Don't know much about the national debt I've never had to pay one yet If we need to we can sell the States To the Japanese at discount rates But I do know if things get bad Dick and I can always call my dad And what a wonderful world this will be.