Baby, don't you call me by my name

Jeffrey St. Clair sitka at home.com
Wed Feb 2 17:48:40 PST 2000

JKSCHW at aol.com wrote:

> The Supremes
> have said, unmistakably, that you need more interest in the subject matter of
> a lawsuit than a citizen's interest in enforcing the law. As the judge said,
> if you think the law has been violated, to to the FBI.

In both respects a rather chilling prospect. From an environmental point of view, the erosion of "legal standing" under this and previous courts has had horrible consequences. I long for the days of another WO Douglas on the court, who was willing to consider the notion that "rocks had rights", or at least the idea that people could be heard in federal court to speak out for the rights of "rocks." The notion that government agencies (whether the FBI or the BLM) actually represent the interest of the citizens is ludicrous. Put me down with the Libs on this one.--jsc